Skip to main content

Five Days


I leave on Wednesday... That is in, I kid you not, five days. Where has the time gone? I feel like yesterday I made my decision. Obviously not. I am hoping that I will be able to find a way to get this blog updated while I am gone so people can keep up to date on what's going on with me.

I am so excited to be heading to Nebraska, but I am also scared out of my mind. Before now, the idea seemed like a far off land. Now it is here and I don't feel ready. I know that my Heavenly Father will help me to become ready though. He never gives us more than we can handle.

This week, I have spent time with my siblings individually and I am so grateful for them. Chand and I went to Costa Vida, the movie theater, and Jamba Juice. We had a great time and he is such a funny kid. I hope he knows how much I love him. I love spending time with him, even when he's super quiet. I hope you know that you are going to be able to do anything you want in life.

Bryn and I had a great time going to DATC and seeing my bestie, Madi. We were able to get a pedicure and our fingers painted (only pale colors on my end.) I want this little one to know that she means the world to me. What am I going to do for 18 months without her??? I don't even know. I hope she knows how beautiful she is and that she is going to be amazing in any and everything she does. I love her beyond what she knows.

I took Carsen out to lunch today and we're going to go get some ColdStone at a later date. He's hilarious and never ceases to amaze me. What other eighth grader would be so excited about sitting at home watching Heartland with his sister? Only my brother? Fine by me. I love this kid and am so excited to see what incredible things he accomplishes.

I love my family... That is going to be the hardest thing for me to leave, but I will be helping others live with their families forever.

Missionary:
Someone who leaves their family for a short time, so others can be with theirs for eternity.

Families are forever, love mine a ton!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Temple

Tonight, I was able to be reunited with one of my best friends. She has been attending BYU Hawaii. She is so cute and I love spending time with her. I have missed Bree so much. I also got to see my cute twins! Madi and Mo are hilarious and I never quit laughing when I’m around them. The picture that goes along with this post says #missionbound because each of us has made the decision to serve the Lord through full-time mission service. One is still on the fence about it, but the others have started the interview/papers portion. I am so grateful to have amazing friends who make good decisions in their lives. Tonight we went to the Ogden Temple to do baptisms for the dead. Since I’m endowed now, I had to do family names and was sitting by myself for a minute or two. I was reading in the Book of Mormon just to pass the time, but I was reminded of chapter four in the Doctorine and Covenants. That chapter is chucked full of advice for or about missionaries and their work. I know tha

Someone loves you!!!

I've been contemplating what I want to tell people on this blog. The thing I want everyone to know is that you are loved. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love you unconditionally. No matter who you are. No matter how far you have strayed from the path; they love you. Whether you feel it now, or not. They truly love you, and I, unconditionally. They are not the only ones though... there are people all around you daily that love and care about you. I have seen the love and support that can come from friends and acquaintances that you are not close to. Just because they are not your best friend, does not mean that they do not love and care about you. There are friends, family, neighbors, and strangers that care about you. When you feel abandoned or unloved, please remember that we love you. If you are not at a point where you can feel that love, pray to Heavenly Father. He will help to show you that you are loved and known by Him. I know that as you pray to Heavenly Father, you w

Coming Home Early

After we got to Omaha, I was able to get scheduled with a doctor and a counselor over the next few days. I met with a counselor first and she gave me exercises to try. I started working on those, but again little to no improvement came. I then met with a doctor that was great and put me on some medicine to help, but the effects wouldn't be immediate. They should be working in 4-6 weeks... What was I supposed to do?? How was I supposed to go on and teach others when I couldn't think straight??? These are answers that I couldn't find. I talked to my parents and stake president. They told me that everyone at home loved me and would support me no matter what. I decided to try the meds for a couple days. My mission president called me the next night and I had decided that the medicine was making me too tired and was still not feeling good. I decided after many prayers that I wanted to come home in order to get feeling better. I thought it was going to solve all of my issues,